For all of you with mr wonderfulls..

smom1976

too many projects too little time!
11 Years
May 2, 2008
Pensacola, FL
When you were searching for your man.. and you had certain qualities in a man that you wanted to see..

some people want a man that is more sensitive some want a man that is independent some want one that is a master provider some want one that will be a stay at home dad..

with that said..

You that are 100% happy.. Did you get everything you wanted or were there some things on that list that you didnt get?

Did that affect how you felt? or feel?

This is just a question..

Quote:
Yep!
lau.gif

I discovered that once I stopped looking, thats when it happened. I got to a point in my life where I was happy with myself. I felt confident in raising my son alone. I focused on that and my friends. I moved to a small town where two of my friends lived and raised their kids alone as well. We had a great network where we helped each other. We picked each others kids up, got together(kids too) for pizza on the weekends,etc. Life was comfortable and good!

THIS is when my Knight in Shining Armor made his apperance. Turns out he is everything I have ever wanted. I was told by exes that I was asking for too much ,no one man can be all of those things. Well, my Dad was!!
gig.gif
Guess what? Turns out there was one left like him and he was looking for me.

He is a great provider, an excellent Dad, a strong willed man and so many more things. I will admit, this is my third marriage, but this is the last one. The first 2, I settled, this time I wasn't looking! I always joke that he is the one that settled!

I guess that is my long winded way of saying...
If you can't find it, stop looking, it will find you!
love.gif

Hmmmm well I think it would be pretty tough to find a guy that is 100% of your ideal...
I guess my ideal had lots of gray areas.

My main concerns were 1. He treats me well . 2. Gets along with my friends and family. 3 We have fun together. He meets all those very well.

The things he's not so good at: 1. PDA- he hates holding hands. In private he is very snuggly with me but he doesnt like hugging others ( I hug all my friends and family upon greeting or leaving) So we vary there.... but I love him and he's not comfortable with it.. so it's okay.

Hmmm I tried to think of something else that I didnt like and couldnt. I mean we all have faults but are they deal breakers??? No they just make it more interesting or allow you to
disagree here and there so you can have fun making up .

Honestly, I would get pretty bored with a guy that did everything perfect... it kind of goes against a woman's nurturing instinct IMO.

My guy is on the opposite end of the states ( MA and I'm in CA) right now and will be for @ 8 months while he helps his 15 year old son. I'd would love to have him here right now not hugging me in public! LOL
lol.png

I am 100% happy
big_smile.png

I am one of the lucky few(that I know) that got EXACTLY what she wanted.
There are a few pet peeves, but nothing major. Everybody has faults, if you are too critical and unbending then I agree, you will be alone....
I have always like the *bad boys* but all that got me when I was younger was verbal/physical abuse. Then I found dh. He will defend me to the end, will stand by my side even if I'm wrong (he will tell me later tho), write me poetry, a dad who spends ALL his free time with our kids (which is why we have 6), very hard worker, and very nice to look at
wink.png
. We also have an awesome chemistry between us.
I have so many friends that just settle for someone and realize (sometimes many years later) that they just aren't happy. Heck, they weren't real happy to begin with, so I don't know why they thought it would change. It isnt' fair to expect(or force) someone to become what they aren't, just a recipe for misery for both parties involved.
There are times there have been issues in our relationship but communication is key. I know people tout it all the time, but it's true. We have learned to talk about things as adults and not act like children. Holding things in just make things worse.
I've rambled enough
lol.png

Quote:
Uhh, if you enter any relationship even asking questions like this you are
setting yourself up for failure. Marriage simply doesn't work that way.

Can you be 100% to someone? I think not. I sure can't be. No one
could.

Please don't take this as criticism. I've said the same thing to many friends.

When I met my current(2nd and last) husband I was really not looking for a new dh.
I was still married, but separated, to my first husband. Dating another guy(coworker) and just wanting to have fun. Then the guy I was dating introduced me to Sean(co worker). I remember looking at him, shaking his hand and thinking, No. KNOWING that I was going to marry him.

He is my x husbands exact opposite. except they are both good looking.
First dh was very outdoorsy, loved animals, loved working on cars and such. Sean, not so much. He is a geek. He didnt grow up with animals like I did. So the fact we now have a house full and he bought his own rabbit is AMAZING.

All that matters is that he loves me, supports me and is a great husband and father to our daughter. So he doesnt grab a shovel and play in the dirt without prodding. But he does help with the dishes, watch the kid and build things for me when I ask. Oh and when it really comes down to it. He feeds the chickens and wil even take care of my horse for me. Which is a BIG deal since I have a 16h Thoroughbred and dh really is not a horse person. They kinda scare him.
tongue.png

Hah! My wondrous man wasn't even ON my list. My list included pretty boys, jocks, and bad boys and I married one and dated many. For me too, when I quit looking for those guys on my list, that's when I found someone who was almost opposite of everything I thought I wanted. It's been 23 years and I can tell you that I put entirely too much thought into what I wanted and not enough heart. When I listened to my heart I got just what I needed.

Back
Top Bottom