For all the goose starters

salshep20

Songster
Jan 28, 2021
Greenville, South Carolina
If ur wanting to start on geese I would go with an African Goose, In my oppinion they lay a good amount of eggs and have tasty and large eat portions if raised properly. They will guard u yard when ur gone and greet you every time u see them and usally bond very well with there owners. Keep in mind most geese breeds dont like to stay in coops for long periods of time thye are more of a free range bird. They forage well and take very mimimal care.

What age do they start laying? Ares is not real aggressive. And her neck is not real thick, she also has a knob, she's about 9-10, maybe 11 month old.

Are there any ways other than comparing them? If you have one or 2 of the same gener, that doesn't say if they're male or female
What age do they start laying? Ares is not real aggressive. And her neck is not real thick, she also has a knob, she's about 9-10, maybe 11 month old.
Pictures please. Get a good one of his posture. Usually by its age, you can tell just by how they stand, hold their head or sound. Females should start laying any day now. Mine usually start early Feb.

Pictures please. Get a good one of his posture. Usually by its age, you can tell just by how they stand, hold their head or sound. Females should start laying any day now. Mine usually start early Feb.
I don't have any if that's why you quoted me. I just wanted to know if there was any actual sign they're males other than comparing them to known females

Any experience with African geese in cold climates? It’s going to be -15 degrees Celsius this weekend and my geese choose to sit out in the wind and cold instead of going in their house. I’m wondering if I need to catch them and lock them in their house at night or maybe just put them in my garage for a few days instead.

Back
Top Bottom