FOR All WHO WANTS TO SAVE MONEY (Dumpster Diving is the way!)

Omran

Crowing
Jul 26, 2008
Bagdad KY
Hello, I decided to start this topic because I always read and hear these days that we need to save money and most of us are real on tight budget, I understand that real good because I am in the same boat like most of you. I have build my chicken coop with 90% of free lumber I salvaged from Dumpsters and old decks and I have seen the question many times (how can I build a cheap coop? Hey there is nothing wrong with Dumpster Diving) in new Construction areas man can find a lot of good lumber and bricks and steel etc. I always asked the superintendent if I can take some old stuff from the Dumpsters and they always reply oh ya no problem. here are some pictures of my old lumber:
13683_img_3177.jpg
13683_chicken_coop_3_003.jpg
13683_chickens_003.jpg

Awesome coop!

I do have to say when I read the subject line, I was thinking some critter was dumpster diving in your feed container or some thread about a dog knocking over trash cans!

I wish I would have thought of your idea... My high dollar Chicken Coop/Run would not be the money pit of the back yard - LOL!

I will say that my neighbor is trying to talk another neighbor out of some old unwanted perfect condition window for his coop.

Congrats on your dumpster diving finds!

In our town, it was illegial to do some dumpster diving because of lawsuits and liablity on contractors and people do steal to take metals to recycling center for a quick buck!
sad.png

Quote:
here in KY we have no problem what so ever with dumpster diving so long you ask bevore you do anything! thanks God .

Ah! I'm already trying to figure out which contractors I can call about going through their dumpsters for materials for my next coop, and I only have the foundation finished on the one we're building now (number two). Despite not having my second one finished, I already know I'm going to want a third--even if it is only used a few month a year for breeding. lol Who am I kidding--of course I'll end up with too many chickens and have to use it year round.
lau.gif

very nice we tried getting into the construction dumpsters here and they said no a friend of our persisted and they called the cops on him but im glad u did so well thanks for sharing:thumbsup

Me and my DH have no problem dumpster diving, curb picking, asking builders for scraps, DH taking scraps from work! Just call me the Dumpster Diva!!! I really do not think we bought anything new so far in our coop making except for chicken wire!

Back
Top Bottom