For the Guys....only?

Junkmanme

Songster
12 Years
Mar 11, 2007
Near Gallup, New Mexico
Fellas,

I'm a bit "older" now.......and don't go hunting anymore...(a bit too strenuous for this body now).

So......for "entertainment" and "eats", I'm raising Chickens !!!

I think it's FUN !!!

And hopefully, I'll learn something about Genetics that I shoulda learned 40-50 years ago.

It's VERY INTERESTING and Entertaining!

BUT, I'd RATHER be "HUNTING ELK" this time of year..........OR shooting pheasants in Nebraska !!!

I'll bet the hunting is GOOD this year. (It's GOOD even if YOU don't fill your tag! A GREAT WAY to be FREE!)

shut-up, already!
smack.gif

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Junkmanme,
How old is too old? I still like to climb up a tree and hunt a deer. I still like to walk behind a pack of beagles when they have a rabbit up and sit in a duck blind freezing my ****'s off. It's all mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter. BTW, I'm 58 years young. My RIR's are my pals and they feed me too but I'll quit hunting when they throw my ashes in the Pamlico Sound.

My best to Ya!

Now wait just a minute here... why is this thread just for the fellas? Y'all afraid I could bag a buck before you could? You'd score a B&C 150 and mine would go 180? What are y'all scared of?
tongue.gif

Ive been enjoying the fall foliage here in the North East from my tree stands every chance I get. I haven't arrowed a deer yet this year but have enjoyed watching them from a distance and the quiet time spent in the woods!

My Dad had us all out hunting antelope as soon as we were old enough to get our Hunter Safety Cards! As the family expanded, antelope camp soon became our annual family reunion. I miss my Dad - he was the best! BTW - IMHO, antelope is much less gamey than venison or elk!

I am older but not quite old, I still find the time to duck and goose hunt, and can even haul in my own Decoys and gear. I went Quail hunting on horseback last year, Talk about fun WOW!!!.

AL

Guys only as hunters? WRONG! I like to bow hunt deers and turkeys during this time of the year. WIsh I can this year but not possible. Im still hoping to get some goods next year. My brother in law and hubby are doing all the hunting this year. Hubby is hoping to get a FREE turkey for thanksgiving. YUMMY! WILD GAME TURKEY FOR THANKSGIVING DINNER! Nothing gets better then that!

I wouldn't mind doing the hunting, Just that I WILL NOT! do the cleaning
big_smile.png

Leave that to the guys to do!

If they catch a few turkeys this year, we are having a Thanksgiving BLOW OFF with SMOKED turkeys at my place!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom