For the thousands of OPERA fans on here... TODAY'S THE DAY

Quote:
Here's a concert of it with the English subtitles.
Maybe your Cats were aftaid of German... Yeah, that HAD to be it.
I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer Poland. - Woodie Allen

gig.gif

My first thought was Klingons/ Germans, Klingons/ Germans. Who can tell them apart?

Imp- A german imp
roll.png

You might be on to something with the german. I think the reason I never got into opera was that I didn't understand the plot. I like the drama, and music, just clueless about what's going on.

Course I had to study to go see "Cats". And sadly imp's not joking about this.

Cats, not my cup of tea. Anne and I left in the middle of it... after the one good song, Memories.

Quote:
gig.gif

My first thought was Klingons/ Germans, Klingons/ Germans. Who can tell them apart?

Imp- A german imp
roll.png

You might be on to something with the german. I think the reason I never got into opera was that I didn't understand the plot. I like the drama, and music, just clueless about what's going on.

Course I had to study to go see "Cats". And sadly imp's not joking about this.

Cats, not my cup of tea. Anne and I left in the middle of it... after the one good song, Memories.

Are you saying that you wouldn't put "Cats" and Wagner in the same category.
roll.png

Imp- maybe if the Valkeries had furry tails?

Quote:

Are you saying that you wouldn't put "Cats" and Wagner in the same category.
roll.png

Imp- maybe if the Valkeries had furry tails?

That would be a new twist! Let me try to visualize it... l. ........................ MY EYES! MY EYES!

I taught an introduction to music class last year to a group of 3-6th graders many of whom groaned and moaned when I said we would be listening to some pieces from several great classical works and operas. I loved seeing the looks on their faces when I would play selections and they would realize they had heard those songs many times in cartoons, movies, and commercials. It was my hope that they would leave the class with a much greater appreciation of some of the great composers. If only I could get my husband to the same level of appreciation...

Quote:
I was just going to write that! Way too much of my childhood included the Ring cycle...

AH! That explains the name bumpershoot and being from New Mexico.

Joe,
Rinse your eyes for 15 minutes in water. That's what MSDS for opera suggests.

Imp

Quote:
I was just going to write that! Way too much of my childhood included the Ring cycle...

Joe,

Imp

Material safety data sheet
... I hate people who make me go Googling.

Last edited:
Quote:

Joe,

Imp

Use BING, less emotional attachment.

Imp

Quote:

Use BING, less emotional attachment.

Imp

Bing (formerly Live Search, Windows Live Search, and MSN Search) is the current web search engine (advertised as a "decision engine") from Microsoft.
9574_knight-help.gif

Last edited:
Cool post! I won't have time to get to the movies for this one.

I am however best friends with one of the people who puts on the HD and radio broadcasts. He gets me tickets, and sometimes lets me hang out back stage with the stars in the green room. Pretty cool.

I'm actually an opera singer too, in Philadelphia. Just a chorus boy, with the occasional small part. I think it's great that the Met is able to reach out in to smaller areas that might not otherwise have any easy access to opera!

Back
Top Bottom