For those that know me!

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by greyfields, Sep 12, 2008.

1. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    I guess I'm getting a lot of PM's...

I was sick for like a month with no idea what was going on. The doctors finally figured out it was my gallbladder, which I had removed two weeks ago. I've had a few complications making healing a little slower than normal. So right now, I'm just recovering and sleeping a lot.

The farming has had to slide a bit, since it's just my elderly father and step dad doing things now. But, it's the way it is. I know I won't catch-up, so we just finish this summer what we can.

We did manage to harvest 80 bushels of rye grain last week. Hay making is done, except for one more field. I can't relaly get on the tractor yet, but my step dad is plowing up a field for rye next year. I should have one more crop of broilers in October, but they aren't growing well due to sporadic feeding and a racoon issue. :\\

That's about it. I'm going to be fine and have not abandoned BYC. I'm just not feeling really social at the moment. :0

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Feel better soon. I had my gallbladder removed in Feb 06. No fun, that's for sure.

[​IMG]

3. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    Hope you are back to full speed soon [​IMG]

4. UncleHoot

UncleHoot Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    St. Johns, Michigan
    I've wondered where you were, and was about to ask if anyone knew. Hope you feel better soon.

My wife had her gall bladder removed last year. Any discomfort that she had after surgery she claimed was better than what she was feeling prior.

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Hope you are feeling better! Get your rest. You do know you posted this in "meat birds" right?

6. UncleHoot

UncleHoot Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    St. Johns, Michigan
    Quote:It's the only forum some of us spend any time in. [​IMG]

7. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Hope you're back up to it soon... be good to yourself!

8. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Its in Meat Birds ETC, so this must be the ETC part. [​IMG]

9. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Wow you're now the 4th person I've heard of getting their gall bladder removed in the past month!

Hope you are feeling 100% very soon.

10. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    My word! There must be an enormous pile of gallbladders somewhere. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by