For your own peace of mind please read

Has anyone even read the ingredients on this vaccine? Probably it has aluminum or mercury or some other undesirable in it. Unless they just save those for our children.
roll.png

I would think that if you plan to eat your chicks or get eggs from them, it would be worth knowing if you are injecting them with mercury, formaldehyde or aluminum.

What??? I am ordering my 1st chicks that will arrive on April 8th, and they will need to get shots???? I've never heard of this before. Do I take them to my vet? How do I make this happen? Advice for a newbie please! Kristy

FYI... Vaccines do not always work and does not guarantee they WONT get it. Furthermore, whether you vaccinate or not, EVERY flock is going to have Mareks at some time or another. Its an unfortunate part of poultry raising.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
every flock will get it?? what happens then Chris? do i have to kill off my whole flock?
sad.png

Quote:
Well no, you do what you can to prevent it, but vaccines aren't a guarantee. My point was that people shouldn't put all their trust in vaccines.

ok, got it! thanks!
hugs.gif

Well all the obove is good info, but I am doing what the vet at the university if KY advised me to do and the other head vet of the Ag dep in lexington.

Omran

If your flock is healthy and they are responsible for bringing new life into the flock, do you still need any vaccinations? I have been lucky so far. All of my chickens were brought in from various people without issue. My hen is sitting on 3 eggs and Im hoping for babies by the end of the month. Im new to this whole chicken raising thing (not even one year into it yet), and I sure would like to understand more about the need to vaccinate.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom