Forgot to go into lockdown!

bkwurth

Chirping
8 Years
9 Years
Jan 24, 2011
I turned my eggs for two extra days and didn't go into lockdown! Have I killed all of my babies? Please say no.
Thanks, Kathy

Quote:
Are there any pips yet?....I'd say up the humidity and hurry into lock down before they start to hatch. No more turning and time will tell.
I don't know if turning would have hurt them but I'd think not as long as you weren't juggling them
smile.png
. Just go ahead and hurry to lockdown and no more touching. No opening the bator because those babies are really about ready. Good luck and happy hatching.

Suz

i don't think a momma hen stops turning her eggs on day 18... it just helps up the chances. you may not get a perfect hatch but i'd seriously doubt they're all a lost cause. up your humidity and proceed as normal, hope for the best
smile.png
good luck!

It DOES NOT hurt to keep turning them, but you just dont HAVE to after day 18, The only problem is when they start to pip, you shouldnt open that bator after they pip

ALEXANDER..You should check your sources before saying something that blunt and just plain insensitive to someone!

Your eggs will be perfectly fine as long as none of them have pipped, Just up your humidity and go into lockdown,
BETS WISHES! Keep us posted!

NO, YOU DO NOT KILL YOUR EGGS BY TURNING THE EGGS.
smack.gif
I LEVE MY EGGS IN THE TURNER TILL THEY HATCH AND THEY DO FINE. THEY SEEM TO HATCH BETTER IN THE TURNER, YOU JUST NEED TO LOOK OUT FOR THE LEGS SO THEY DO NOT GET STUCK IN THE TURNER. YOU ARE FINE!!!
hugs.gif
thumbsup.gif
hugs.gif

I don't know why people think that something will happen to eggs if you keep turning them. We turn our eggs way less than a real hen (they turn them like 90+ times a day) The hen doesn't suddenly think to herself "it is day 18, I must keep perfectly still and not move my eggs at all". I left plenty of eggs in the turner after day 18 not they turn out fine. The only thing you have to watch out for if you were to have one hatch in the turner is they can get a leg caught. Just up your humidity now and they should be fine.

don't worry about it...our first batch of eggs given to us were partially incubated by the hens, we didn't know. turned right up till pip and they were fine...(of course we thought we still had a week
roll.png
)

You're probably just fine, I'm starting to think that the more things go wrong the better the hatch rate. I had several tornado power outages with major temp drop and then had one hatch early and during lock down it got on top of the other eggs and would run and roll them like it was doing a barrel race or something, I've read about shrink wrapping and saw that some had pipped so I left it in there, but that little chic was reaking major havoc on the other ones, it was unbelievable and felt like I was watching WWE Smackdown or something, and yet they just hatched yesterday. Before this when I tried to hatch some and I felt like I was doing things perfectly I got nothing.

Thanks everyone! I now 2 pips! And I can here peeps. I let you know how they turn out.
Kathy

Back
Top Bottom