Formex Coop

TARDIS37379

Songster
Apr 20, 2019
Mowbray Mountain, Tennessee 37379
My Coop
My Coop
I have ordered a large Formex coop with the automatic door to segregate some of my chicks. I’ve got chicks coming in July and not sure if the Formex will be delivered by then.
I went with the Formex because the plastic has great durability and reduces predator issues.
I have a large 18’X12’ plastic coop with two large enclosed runs for my New Jersey Giants and I’ve not lost any of them to predators.
I lost an entire flock in 2018 to dogs and I won’t let it happen again. The dogs were about to open the coop doors and crawled in the coop and killed a whole flock.
I'm working toward a goal of a self-sustaining farm based on eggs, chicks, some chickens, and herbs. Its a slow process but it has been a fun one.

briteday

Crowing
12 Years
Dec 16, 2008
Northern Nevada USA
I have ordered a large Formex coop with the automatic door to segregate some of my chicks. I’ve got chicks coming in July and not sure if the Formex will be delivered by then.
I went with the Formex because the plastic has great durability and reduces predator issues.
I have a large 18’X12’ plastic coop with two large enclosed runs for my New Jersey Giants and I’ve not lost any of them to predators.
I lost an entire flock in 2018 to dogs and I won’t let it happen again. The dogs were about to open the coop doors and crawled in the coop and killed a whole flock.
I'm working toward a goal of a self-sustaining farm based on eggs, chicks, some chickens, and herbs. Its a slow process but it has been a fun one.
I couldn't find the automatic door opener. Is it on their website or did you buy it locally. We do not have any Formex/ Snap Lock dealers on the West Coast.

Clean-cut cowboy

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2022
this may be old but I was wondering if the large formex worked for your jersey giants,. I have 3 coming and was thinking about getting the large formex for them.

TARDIS37379

Songster
Apr 20, 2019
Mowbray Mountain, Tennessee 37379
My Coop
My Coop
this may be old but I was wondering if the large formex worked for your jersey giants,. I have 3 coming and was thinking about getting the large formex for them.
Hi, the Foremex ended up housing 6 Minorcan hens and a rooster. The coop has been great and is currently empty as it’s been moved so it will be sickbay/new hens/chicks. As needed by current needs.
One of the reasons it was bought was it’s portability.
It works and looks the same as the day it was assembled.
3 NJG would do well in a coop.
I also recommend getting the optional automatic door. It’s worth it.

Top Bottom