MiniBarnFarmMaine

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2021
A neigbhor is offering me forsythias plants, everything I’ve tried finding online doesn’t exactly say they’re toxic to chickens…. Ideally if not dangerous, they’ll be planted in the chicken run.
These flowering shrubs can grow massive which would create a nice hideout for the chickens.
Does anyone have experience with this plant?

A neigbhor is offering me forsythias plants, everything I’ve tried finding online doesn’t exactly say they’re toxic to chickens…. Ideally if not dangerous, they’ll be planted in the chicken run.
These flowering shrubs can grow massive which would create a nice hideout for the chickens.
Does anyone have experience with this plant?
They would be fine in the run but you're going to have to provide some protection to the shrub or the chickens are going to kill it before it has a chance to get established and grow to the size you want.

I'm planning on putting some sort of shrub in the chicken run. I thought forsynthia as the hedge of it in my front yard is indestructable. I've tried to get rid of it, but cannot. Maybe it's because it's too well established, but I figure I'll give it a try. My chickens love hanging out under my lilac bushes in the yard, if the run got more sun, I'd think that's a good option.

Back
Top Bottom