Foster Parents/ Adoption

Congrats on buying your first house! Today is our one year anniversary of home ownership! We are doing the same thing with getting a more reliable family car and all that fun stuff.

Well I have a couple of updates that we want to do plus some electrical etc work. We still have to paint pretty much the whole house, re-stain cabinets, we are changing some flooring, etc.

Well it's still yours! No matter how much needs to be done. We still need to paint most of the inside of our house, but I just had the living room painted for my birthday present and we have taken out four trees and tons of ugly bushes, but it's so nice that it's ours. Plus I'm blessed with a husband who can fix everything! He use to be a woodworker, so the garage is full of woodworking tools but he's been an electrician for the last five years. Thank goodness he comes in handy!

@Alice28 your lucky... my husband doesn't even know how to paint LOL. He did change out a toilet, faucet, and electric fixture in one bathroom and we painted it. He is hanging up a mirror for it tomorrow.

I am very lucky! It takes a lot of the stress out if home ownership knowing my husband can and will fix anything. But he is also in his 30s and it's stuff he has learned along the way. I'm sure you will both learn the same things having a house.... although I wouldn't attempt electrical.... That's how homes get burnt down! You guys are way ahead of the game already having a home. When we got married we didn't know if we would ever be able to afford a home, then the economy crashed and we were lucky to have been very thrifty and be able to get a home. Especially because we had no help. It's a wonderful feeling!

I am not even 21 yet. For me owning a home has always been a priority though so pretty much as soon as we got married I started researching loan options and saving up for a down payment. We got our house for under 90k, it was an estate sale. We are a little further out then I would probably want for our next house and we will probably get more acreage since we are on 1/3 of an acre. Other than that for now the size works and although its work its nice!

Wow that's awesome! No homes here at that cheap :( we are in town, but we saved for three years and then the market dropped and we were able to get a house. We would have loved to be able to get a house out of town on some more property, but we had a no down payment loan with hardly any interest, so the money we had saved we are adding to. We are hoping to be able to buy another home and use this house in a rental in five years or so.... but we will see

But we are able to get ducks, so I am so happy! We're getting three any time soon! I try to remember how lucky we are to have a home. I wish we would leave california, but my husband loves were we live and how we can go hiking, he can go fishing and for abalone.... don't think I'm getting him to move! Oh well, there's a lot of amazing outdoor things to do here

Haha I"m in arkansas, most houses here aren't that cheap though! California seems like a nice place to live but its SOO expensive! Arkansas isn't great but family is here =)
We also got a no downpayment loan then used our $$ to build a fence and make other upgrades. We also have savings though =)

We live in Northern California. Like actully Northern California, it's an hour and a half from the Oregon boarder. So where we live is absalutly beautiful, but not the california you see on tv. We live in the redwoods on the coast. It is a pretty amazing place. Right now I'm in my bed, but I can hear the ocean. It's pretty crazy when were on hikes and I think about it... were surrounded by the huge trees, but I can hear and sometimes see the ocean. If we lived in Southern California (yuck!) we would never be able to get a house and I wouldn't be able to live somewhere with that many people and driving is horrible! I'm from Oregon and there are things I miss, but where we live is really cool and the mountains are close, the ocean is less then a mile away and the forest is right here to. I've never been to Arkansas, I want to be able to go on a road trip to most of the states some day when my son is older, ad any other kids we have are old enough.

Back
Top Bottom