Found 4 geese and 2 ducks dumped at the forest preserve, what to do??

Quote:
Tbitt, that link you gave somehow led me to an open box to write my own post. I don't know how it did that, but it did.

I hope you get them rescued. I take it that the OP was never able to catch them. I haven't heard from the OP in a while, so I assume they're no longer involved. So, I wish you good luck.

dd this post is from the OP they were asking who was it that posted they would help and (I just posted the link from tbitts post. I hope I didn't confuse everyone. sorry just saw it isn't the same OP just thought it was since they were posting about same birds.
hide.gif

Yeah, it's a new person asking. I hope they can help get those birds out of there. The link is strange, if you click on it, it leads to an open comment box. I wonder what Tbitt was trying to link to.

Quote:
dd this post is from the OP they were asking who was it that posted they would help and (I just posted the link from tbitts post. I hope I didn't confuse everyone. sorry just saw it isn't the same OP just thought it was since they were posting about same birds.
hide.gif

Yeah, it's a new person asking. I hope they can help get those birds out of there. The link is strange, if you click on it, it leads to an open comment box. I wonder what Tbitt was trying to link to.

It's a link to when this was first posted about these ducks and geese.

OK - I am new to this forum. This is a new post about old subject from 9/18/11. I also stumbled upon and am trying to help these 5 stranded creatures!

What is a PM? If you mean a message, I did message both the person who first posted this and talked about a rescue and also the person in Wisc who said they might take the birds. No replies yet. I am assuming the original person was not able to do anything about the birds since it's been almost 2 months and the birds are still at the pond in the forest preserve.

Am wondering if there is anyone in northern Illinois who can help me in this effort or anyone who might know a farmer or bird lover who might take these poor things. I believe I can get together a group of friends to do the rescue, but we need someone to take them.

I appreciate any help/advice!

Thank You for trying to rescue these birds! I know I would try to resuce them too if I saw them there. Come freeze up these poor things won't have a chance.
Not sure how you can go about catching them. You may need a large net to throw over them. I have no idea where you can get one though. Or if you can get them to come out of the water then have a couple people get between them and the pond with a king size sheet and try to round them up into a trailer or something. If you need to get them off the water you can try a remote control boat and drive it at them. These are my methods that have worked. I know it is very difficult to get them off the water when they consider it their safe haven and their home. Food will help as well with enticing them to come off.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
and did you PM[message] tbitt? she/he was saying they would help the other op. I hope you can get them, we all have been wondering if anything had been done.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
and did you PM[message] tbitt? she/he was saying they would help the other op. I hope you can get them, we all have been wondering if anything had been done.

Just wondering if there is any news about rescue?

I did not get any replies about rescuing these ducks and geese, from original poster or interested parties, as shown in 9/18/11, etc postings on this subject. I did PM these parties. A group of friends and I were set to rescue these birds on Sat (11/12/11) and take them to a farmer who was willing to take them. However, a local Wildlife Rescue group I had contacted informed me that a rescue is underway for this week! I spoke with one of the volunteers who was asked to participate and she believes it will happen. She promised to call me when it does and let me know where the birds will be placed. If anything goes wrong, my friends and I are committed to following thru with the rescue. So here's hoping it will all go well. I have been checking on the birds and feeding them daily. The five remaining birds are ok. These are the sweetest birds - so trusting! I will post updates as they become available.

Back
Top Bottom