1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

found a duckling need help!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ducknewbie99, Apr 18, 2016.

1. ducknewbie99

ducknewbie99 New Egg

Apr 18, 2016
    hi i found a baby duckling in my small pond all by its self after about 3 hours of it crying in my back yard i brought it in and put it in a cage with a lamp, food, and water. he will cry from time to time but then he'll do like a peep every now and then, but ive caught it sitting in the water 2 times now and hes always running around and hitting the tank walls. i need to know what i should watch for and pay attention to because i have no idea. p.s. im feeding him all natural chicken feed (no additives) with cracked corn mixed with it.

2. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    Do not add the corn. Corn is great for adult birds who might need calories but a growing bird needs protein. Ducks like the water I am not surprised he wants to sit in some, I am sure his momma would have him out in a pond. I know very little about ducks, maybe look for a duck thread and they can help you as you go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by