found my chicken next door

If the fence is short (less than 4 ft, then increase the height. If your fence is already 4' or more, look into clipping the feathers on the outer section of one wing only. This throws their balence off. If you trim both, they will still fly but just have to work harder.

Try sitting the chicken down and explaining to it that it's behavior of hopping the fence and going next door is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Possibly ground it for a few days and implement a chore list to keep it busy in your yard. Tell it of all the dangers out there for a chicken who hops fences and how it worries you. Maybe it will understand.
lol.png

I personally clip wings and feed more treats so they don't want to hop to a new yard.Good luck

I have heard that making them sit with their beak in the corner for as many minutes as they are years old really drives the point home....When that does not work, clipping of the wings is the next best alternative....

Cowdogcadillac, that doesn't work with teenage chickens. All you get is lip about you not trusting them, and how all their other chicken friends are allowed to visit the neighbors.

Well, we have a "star" chart..... You get points for staying in the yard, and for not pooping in your food and water. You also can get a star for not picking any fights!! If you get up to 20 stars, you get to sleep with a hen for the night...
lau.gif

Edit: as you can probably tell, my problem children are the roos.

LOL, J/K of course.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom