found my hen sleeping next to water bowl? Help? Nevermind she's dead:(

Oh I am so sorry. Sometimes it is internal and can't be helped or explained. You did all you could.
hugs.gif

Sorry about that.

Same thing happened to one of my hens last month. If you still have her, check to see if her abdomen is tight. Mine had egg yolk peritonitis. It was the first I had ever lost to it.

There's a real possibility that something went wrong internally. I lost a hen like that and, when I took her for a necropsy, it was discovered that her liver had hemmoraged and she bled to death. You can take your girl for a necropsy to find out why or just keep an eye on the rest of your flock and pray no one else goes like that. If you lose any more, I would definitely take that one for a necropsy to find out what you are dealing with. So sorry about your sweet hen.
sad.png

This was my first hen to loose like this. I checked everything on her and nothing seemed unusual. I did see her flap, take her last breath and die and that was not cool. I've been checking the rest of the flock, making sure nothing is unusual. I did put some Apple Cider Vinegar in the water, just in case.

Back
Top Bottom