Found our chicken. What do I do?

ChicksNBoys

Chirping
Jul 29, 2020
Ridgecrest, Ca
Two days ago our hen got loose and someone contacted us this morning with her. Should I do anything before putting her back with our other girls. We brought her home and when she flew out of my hands our dog went chasing after her. She was so scared. Now she is relaxed on my lap. Seems good as far as her body goes just feels thin. No injuries.

Attachments

• FC89A2AD-180E-417B-A6EA-00B98A208B4C.jpeg
    FC89A2AD-180E-417B-A6EA-00B98A208B4C.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 6
I personally would just make sure she has a good feed and drink before putting her back in with the others to make sure she isn't pushed away from the food when she goes back in.

How far away did she travel? Are there any other neighbors who own chickens around you? I don’t think she could have picked up anything, But just to be safe.

I personally would just make sure she has a good feed and drink before putting her back in with the others to make sure she isn't pushed away from the food when she goes back in.
Perfect. She is doing that now. Poor girl is chowing.

Attachments

• A788EB6A-E626-4147-B1FB-502DC81BEB52.jpeg
    A788EB6A-E626-4147-B1FB-502DC81BEB52.jpeg
    404.3 KB · Views: 5
How far away did she travel? Are there any other neighbors who own chickens around you? I don’t think she could have picked up anything, But just to be safe.
She traveled maybe a block. We do have a neighbor with chickens but she was in the opposite direction. Not sure if that means anything or not.

She’s probably good to join her buddies then! Sometimes they can pick up sickness from other chickens, but it is highly unlikely. I’m glad she’s okey and doing well!

Back
Top Bottom