Found, Rooster very epic adventure

Apr 13, 2021
Australia
Hello everyone, so a friend of mine who lives down in the city was walking along and found a rooster running around in the street, he caught it, took it home to his suburban house where his family kept it for a few days an decided to eat it, but they didn't get around to it. Then the rooster ended up at another friends house where he met some very big bull Mastiff dogs, then I took it from there up to the farm some four hours away from where he was originally found.

He looks like a ISA brown Rooster which I once was looking for but you know there kinda rare because they don't keep the males ya know? Anyway he looks pritty young his been sorting out his place amongst the other birds. Here's a picture of him... Any of you ever found a bird? I now have two roosters in my flock of ten hens.

Maybe someone was hatching out babies an realised it's a male an threw him into the street. Was gonna name him Survivor or City Slicker, not sure yet maybe you guys can help decide what one kinda suits him.

Screenshot_20211017-140746~2.png

IMG_20211017_141615_HDR.jpg

Hello everyone, so a friend of mine who lives down in the city was walking along and found a rooster running around in the street, he caught it, took it home to his suburban house where his family kept it for a few days an decided to eat it, but they didn't get around to it. Then the rooster ended up at another friends house where he met some very big bull Mastiff dogs, then I took it from there up to the farm some four hours away from where he was originally found.

He looks like a ISA brown Rooster which I once was looking for but you know there kinda rare because they don't keep the males ya know? Anyway he looks pritty young his been sorting out his place amongst the other birds. Here's a picture of him... Any of you ever found a bird? I now have two roosters in my flock of ten hens.

Maybe someone was hatching out babies an realised it's a male an threw him into the street. Was gonna name him Survivor or City Slicker, not sure yet maybe you guys can help decide what one kinda suits him.

View attachment 2868558

View attachment 2868563
I'm glad you took him in! Just make sure he isn't carrying any mites or hiding other illness. Hopefully he turns out to be an asset to your flock!

Nice story! What breeds are ISA Browns made of? Does anyone know? Or is it a marketing secret?

I've had three chickens that have been found wondering the town and ended up with me. Two ISA brown hens and a Polish hen. And half my hens are constantly running away to the school behind us! 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom