Found, Rooster very epic adventure

Nice story! What breeds are ISA Browns made of? Does anyone know? Or is it a marketing secret?

I've had three chickens that have been found wondering the town and ended up with me. Two ISA brown hens and a Polish hen. And half my hens are constantly running away to the school behind us! 🤷‍♀️
LOL That sort of reminds me of the ongoing plot line of the chicken that kept getting inside the prison yard on Orange is the New Black!

Nice story! What breeds are ISA Browns made of? Does anyone know? Or is it a marketing secret?

I've had three chickens that have been found wondering the town and ended up with me. Two ISA brown hens and a Polish hen. And half my hens are constantly running away to the school behind us! 🤷‍♀️
I once made a thread about this asking how do they make Isa Browns, apparently it's a mixture between a Rhode island red and something else.

If I remember correctly, ISA Browns are actually bred from two parent strains of non-standard birds, so they aren't actually a one to one cross of two specific breeds. The bird in the original post isn't an ISA Brown anyway, as they're a red sexlink and so the males would be white or yellowish in color. It's the hens that are red like the original post bird.

I see roosters that look like this a lot when people get a flock of red sexlink hens and a red sexlink rooster and breed them. The second generation cross from sexlinks doesn't make more sexlinks, but a lot of people don't know that and assume they can create sexlinks forever from these birds. I wonder if someone tried to make more sexlinks out of their flock of sexlinks, and then when what looked like a pullet turned out to be a cockerel, they just dumped him. 🙁 Hard to know for sure, but it looks like he's got it made now. Good on the OP for taking him in! He is quite a handsome guy! ❤️

As for the Isa brown creation thing I'll go back an find the thread I started on it a while ago. An post here.

Almost forgot a picture!
View attachment 2870822
He looks cool, I think this one I found may end up looking similar.
I wish I could find the thread, but someone had a bird of prey drop a chicken in their yard once. I think the poster actually saw it drop to the ground. She raised it as a house rooster.
I have heard of a birds of prey dropping dropping a dog into someone's yard. Here's link https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.if...-bird-of-prey-turns-out-to-be-purebred-dingo/

I think I heard it's a Rhode island red with a California white 🤷‍♂️
Interesting. Neat.

We started our chicken journey with a street chicken. We found her living in the bushes along the fence in front of our house. It looked like she may have also spent a night under my husband's truck. We spotted her the day after Christmas as he was leaving for work. She was grazing along the sidewalk, I spent the day trying to lure her into the yard or at least keep her in the driveway. We lived in a corner house with one side being a very busy street, where she was of course. As dusk came she started trying to cross the road, traffic was heavy, we were close to a second intersection...
Finally with a neighbors help we convinced her to go back to the bushes, I retrieved her late that night.
She has been with us ever since.
Rosie
20210521_170055.jpg
20210908_102019.jpg

Back
Top Bottom