Found the first egg! And the second...and third, and fourth...

OT - My dogs love eggs, too. So, I have to be careful that the baby hasn't left some out (my 2 year old). I just put an egg in the bowl, and they eat it shell and all.

Congrats on your eggs! I found my second BO egg under the ramp. There are 7 hens with 2 nest boxes (2 laying) and I think the other one spent too much time in the nest box.
lol.png

Quote:
Between the dogs and the chickens and the turkeys and the cats, I can't imagine ever having "extra" eggs...though with the number of pullets we have, it's sure to happen eventually!

How many do you have? I can't wait to find more than three eggs in one day. Still no duck eggs. Maybe I should check the little pond. Do ducks make a noise like a hen when they've laid an egg?

D.gif
Congrats on the first eggs!
D.gif

It's so exciting, isn't it. I love going out there and collecting eggs.

We've always given our dogs raw eggs, usually just once a week, but once we start getting more eggs than we can eat, they will get more. I think it really helps their coats.

I can't wait for the day I can collect more then 1 egg!
big_smile.png

I should have 3 laying this month. But I will never find 8 in the coop in a day! LOL

HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!!

Me too, NP! All the grisl who were driving me to despair are suddenly producing like mad. But all the neighbors are excited as daughter Bella's egg-selling route can now expand. She's gonna need a pushcart!

Quote:
You know, after reading Kingsolver's book, especially the part about "Lily's Lovely Layers," I offered the same deal to our Bella. Gather the eggs daily, and you can sell some and keep the money. Her answer?

"Mom, you DO know that I am JUST A LITTLE KID, and not old enough to run a business, right?"
roll.png

Quote:
At point of lay, there are only 3 Buff Orps and 5 Easter Eggers and one true Ameraucana. But there are at least 3 dozen younger pullets coming along behind them, and some eggs incubating!
ep.gif

Quote:
At point of lay, there are only 3 Buff Orps and 5 Easter Eggers and one true Ameraucana. But there are at least 3 dozen younger pullets coming along behind them, and some eggs incubating!
ep.gif

Cool! I've got my one old hen who lays 3-4 eggs a week, 2 red stars that just started and 9 more pullets that should start soon, including two EEs, 2 BOs, a Black Australorp, 2 welsummers and 2 barnevelders. You're going to have lots more than me! I've got a few people at church wanting to buy eggs from my son. They're almost as impatient as me!

Back
Top Bottom