Found this site, loved it and joined!!

Rockhound60

Hatching
Dec 8, 2015
Jonesville VA
frow.gif
First thing I need to do is lurk around and learn. I live in south west Virginia on a small farm. I have 9 chickens and two roosters. I have made two chicken tractors, one metal and one wood. I am going into my first winter with the metal one. I guess that will do!!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Just make sure that your coop is draft free, dry, and well ventilated so that moisture does not build up in it. Feathers are wonderful insulators and moisture is a much greater danger than cold. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Thank you so much for the advice. I need to close it in a little better,(the Metal Tractor) with something light because I would like to still be able to move it around even during the winter months. Tomorrow I will get some pictures of what I have made and post it for any suggestions. Oh I'm Excited about this website.
wee.gif

Thank you so much for the advice. I need to close it in a little better,(the Metal Tractor) with something light because I would like to still be able to move it around even during the winter months. Tomorrow I will get some pictures of what I have made and post it for any suggestions. Oh I'm Excited about this website.
wee.gif

You're welcome. I'll look forward to seeing your pics. :eek:)

I wonder if a metal chicken tractor is too cold for chickens. I'd hate to think of them 'licking' the sides and getting their tongues frozen to it.
gig.gif
Welcome to Backyard chickens.

Back
Top Bottom