Found tracks please ID!

That was my first thought too - some sort of candid. Given the small size, I would guess fox. I don't think a fox would have any trouble getting on your grill. It's probably hungry and attracted by the lingering odor of food.

They look like canid, see the claw marks, and about right size for a small fox, but I can't imagine a fox getting on a grill shelf.
Could be a cat with claws out to hold onto slippery surface.
Where is grill in yard?

They look like canid, see the claw marks, and about right size for a small fox, but I can't imagine a fox getting on a grill shelf.
Could be a cat with claws out to hold onto slippery surface.
Where is grill in yard?
It's a portable grill that just sits on the porch railing

Seems like we are all pretty split between squirrel, fox or mink. My SO said it's probably a big grey squirrel and not to worry about it. :idunno we checked the game camera but I guess it died last time we set it out because there were no pictures taken. I'll have to get more batteries tomorrow

My opinion, two different animals. Cat tracks going across from left to right (rounded, no claws), canid at bottom going away from camera. Fox chasing cat. Fox did not get up on ledge, that's just the front feet.

ETA: could also be a smallish dog? See how snow is disturbed at edge of grill? Dog did not get up on grill, just its front feet did.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom