Four chickens missing in a day

Days are not long enough! Game cameras up, and more likely weeks inside. Electric fencing!!!
Mary
X2 electric fencing. I suggest electric netting so you can move it around frequently. Won't stop hawks, though.

I also live in the woods (not 40 acres, though - I wish!). One of the only reasons I haven't had a loss so far is electric netting. And my neighbor free ranges his birds, which are easier to nab. He's lost dozens.

It could be coyotes, depending on where you live. All of my losses have been due to coyotes and they can definitely take a bird and run off with it. I even saw one running down the street with a chicken in its mouth. It's an unfortunate aspect of letting them roam :( I wish it wasn't so.
We have seen some and definitely heard more lately. It’s quite possible. I think we might be going on a coyote hunt soon. I know it won’t help get the whole pack, but maybe it’ll stop the few that are targeting the flock.

X2 electric fencing. I suggest electric netting so you can move it around frequently. Won't stop hawks, though.

I also live in the woods (not 40 acres, though - I wish!). One of the only reasons I haven't had a loss so far is electric netting. And my neighbor free ranges his birds, which are easier to nab. He's lost dozens.
I’ll check that out. We need to expand the run before winter. The hawks were ruthless last winter with no leaves on the trees. Maybe we can also have an area with the netting to give them even more space.

Back
Top Bottom