Four days in new coop and chickens refuse to lay in nest box. Advice?

What did their old nests look like?
Were they near the floor like the ones in the brooder coop?
I'd close off the brooder coop nests...and be patient.

What did their old nests look like?
Were they near the floor like the ones in the brooder coop?
I'd close off the brooder coop nests...and be patient.
They were indeed on the floor like the ones in the brooder coop. I closed off the nest boxes yesterday morning by shoving feedbags in them. One of those little stinkers pulled out the bags and laid in there anyways lol. So I sat cat litter boxes directly in front of them this time. I have too many eggs in the other nest boxes so I wasn't sure if any had been laid in there, but only one was in the brooder boxes. I removed half the eggs and counted them last night so I should know today. Fingers crossed. At this rate we have about 10-12" of snow, so I don't' feel so guilty about keeping them locked up a little longer since all they'd do is poop all over my porch.

psst, they make great trash bags too.. I use mine up for paper and other items that go in the burn pile.
Mine are plastic, I wouldn't burn them...I have used them for more than a few things.
Yes most of mine are a type of woven plastic, but I could use them for trash. Trash bags are just more convenient lol. Right now one bag is the holder of all of the other bags.

Back
Top Bottom