Fowl Pox Blind Chicken

nutcracker_fantasy

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2020
Fowl pox
Within 3days has covered chickens eyes completely. I’ve purchased Avicline and treated her this afternoon she is happy have the product served with a straw drinking and warm bathe clean/dry. She’s not really enclosed to eat so I’ve rolled tiny balls of food with the avicline.
Her eyes are completely covered and the swelling of one eye just overnight and covered by the pox is utterly unbelievable of the spread.
Has anybody experienced fowl pox to this extreme; and had positive results.
Her eyes are completely covered closed with pox.
This is close the the end of week 1 pox.
I do not have photos to attach at this stage only a pre pox photo
E0410655-7E05-497E-A86E-6D2972A4410E.jpeg

She is a bantam frizzle

I'm not sure what Avicline is. If it's an antibiotic, it will treat bacterial infections but will be ineffective treating fowl pox since it's a virus. The virus will run its course in 4-6 weeks.
If there are eye infections, it's usually caused by a bird scratching a lesion near the eye, causing infection in the eye. Normal treatment is Terramycin eye ointment or neosporin ointment (if terramycin eye ointment is unavailable), apply as needed until healed.

Fowl pox
Within 3days has covered chickens eyes completely. I’ve purchased Avicline and treated her this afternoon she is happy have the product served with a straw drinking and warm bathe clean/dry. She’s not really enclosed to eat so I’ve rolled tiny balls of food with the avicline.
Her eyes are completely covered and the swelling of one eye just overnight and covered by the pox is utterly unbelievable of the spread.
Has anybody experienced fowl pox to this extreme; and had positive results.
Her eyes are completely covered closed with pox.
This is close the the end of week 1 pox.
I do not have photos to attach at this stage only a pre pox photoView attachment 2188347
She is a bantam frizzleView attachment 2188347View attachment 2188347
Yes I have and both hens recovered completely, began laying again and went back to happily foraging! I was truly amazed as I never imagined their sight would be fine!

Back
Top Bottom