Fowl Pox or just a scab?

Upstate_chicks

Chirping
Jul 4, 2023
I’m inclined to think these are just scabs but I’m not 100% sure.
This hen has been getting attacked by my rooster relentlessly.
I’ve separated them and she has been healing but I’m not sure if these scabs on her comb are from attacks or sickness
The second picture is her comb last week when it was very dry. I thought it might have been Favus but it really just looked very dry. I treated it with a poultry spray that has tea tree oil in it.
Now the dryness is gone but these scabs are still there.
She also rakes her comb against the chicken wire because she wants to free range with the flock so she paces back and forth in the run and her floppy comb always rakes against the wire.
She’s mostly separated but she still has contact with some hens here and there, however no other hens have any dry or scabby combs or wattles. She’s also eating and drinking normally as well as laying almost every day.
Thoughts?
IMG_1857.jpeg
IMG_1702.jpeg

Your recent picture of the comb is fine. It is normal for combs to bleed then scab over. I own 9 white Leghorn that fight sometimes, they usually go for the comb. Once the comb is injured it will scab over. This is a normal aspect of the healing process. If the bottom picture is from a while back, no worries. The top photo is a healthy healing comb. Just scabs, no worries.

Back
Top Bottom