Fowl Pox? Please help ~PICS~

ChirpyChicks1

Songster
6 Years
Jul 22, 2013
Kansas
Both of my Black Sex Links have tiny tiny blueish dots on their comb and wattles. My first thought was maybe it was just the breed but I can't find any pictures like what my pullets are experiencing. Tonight I noticed there is one spot on the comb of one of my Red Sex Links. The BSL don't like to be man handled so I can't be sure how long they have had these spots but I do know it appears to be getting worse and I first noticed it a few weeks ago.

I'd like to add that all my chickens are acting completely healthy in every way, normal poop, great food/water intake, attack me for treats, no discharge, no hard breathing, no nothing.

Please help
sad.png

Last edited:
Both of my Black Sex Links have tiny tiny blueish dots on their comb and wattles. I first noticed it a few weeks ago.

I'd like to add that all my chickens are acting completely healthy in every way, normal poop, great food/water intake, attack me for treats, no discharge, no hard breathing, no nothing.
Your BSL looks normal to me. If they are ALL eating, drinking, and acting like a chicken should...I wouldnt worry about it.

Last edited:
Thank you for replying! So it's normal for their comb/wattles to have spots like that? Is that for all breeds or just BSL? I had assumed it was a BSL thing at first until I saw one of my red sex links doing the same thing so I figured I better start asking, better safe than sorry!

UPDATED PIC

Here is a new picture from this morning. I tried rubbing it and nothing came off. I don't see how this can be "normal" I've looked at a ton of pictures and have never seen this. Every tip on her comb is dark

Back
Top Bottom