Fowl Pox Vaccine help

Cut-&-Shoot

In the Brooder
Jul 24, 2018
Cut-&-Shoot, TX
It's been really wet lately & We have a terrible mosquito problem. We're dealing with a big fowl pox outbreak (wet & dry). I can't wait 8 weeks to move new chicks outside & need a way to prevent them from being infected. I've been doing a lot of reading and found an article that talks about a tissue culture origin vaccine that can be given at one day old. The problem is I can't seem to find this vaccine anywhere. Does anyone know where to find it? All I can find are the vaccines that require the chicks to be 8 weeks old.

Here's the info I was reading -
"Chicks can be vaccinated as early as one day of age with a frozen cell/tissue culture origin (TCO) vaccine at hatch in combination with the Marek’s disease vaccine. This early vaccination does not provide long-term pox virus protection for the bird; however, it should provide adequate protection until the second vaccination at 8-10 weeks of age.

Attenuated FPV vaccines: TCO (tissue culture origin) can be used on chicks as young as one day of age in combination with Marek's vaccines."

Anyone else have any ideas? I have chicks hatching today and the chicks in the brooder need to go outside. I don't want them to end up with fowl pox also.

Back
Top Bottom