Fowl Pox?

I don't know if things are going great... I mean she looks terrible right now.

But she's eating and seems lively. She takes small nap breaks throughout the day, but then goes back to foraging with the flock, so I think she's ok?

Lesions have started to bleed in some places. I thought for a minute that the small white dots might be eggs of something, but while delicately cleaning with a Q-tip, I saw it was just her skin (at least I think) so I left it alone.

Every evening I catch her, I spray it all with disinfectant and slather her with triple antibiotic ointment. I then keep her inside in a crate for the rest of the night, because temperatures have very suddenly dropped here and they didn't have the time to acclimate to any of that! And then every morning I release her with the flock.

Attachments

• PXL_20221119_234334176.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20221119_234334176.NIGHT.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20221119_234359113.jpg
    PXL_20221119_234359113.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 2
The article you linked said to "apply ointment to soften scabs" so I didn't make the mix they gave but used the antibiotic one the same way. Omg, I thought I was doing it correctly.... I hope I didn't make it worse!!

I'll make sure to not do that anymore then. I'll only put it on the places where the skin broke then, maybe?

Back
Top Bottom