pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif

That's a lot of emotes!!!!!!!!!!!

Valora had never experienced flight before. She wished she had wings herself the moment they left the ground. It was like absolute freedom to her, an earthbound creature.
"Enjoying the ride?" Epsilon asked, grinning.
"Watch where you're going!" Lystra shrieked. They both narrowly missed a tree. Epsilon skirted around it, going higher and higher until Valora felt like she could pull the tail off a shooting star.
"This way," Lystra said, "to that mountain." She pointed with her wingtip to the towering peak.
He frowned, "That's far, Lystra."
"I did tell you it would take a while," she said, her voice became a bit distraught, "I just hope we get there in time."
"What do you mean?" Valora asked.
"The egg's natural heat should keep it healthy for a few days," she said, "As a phoenix we are birds of fire. But it needs a mother's heat to hatch."
Valora wrapped a swirl of Epsilon's roan mane around her hand to hold on. The moon was rising, and it was becoming harder to see.
"Can you still see ahead?" she asked.
He snorted, "I'm the best navigator of the skies do you think I can't--AAAAAAH!" They both screamed as the top of a mountain almost smashed them. Lystra muttered something about pegasi that Valora probably didn't want to hear.
"You know," he gasped, "Maybe we should take a break."
The forest was unfamiliar to Valora, she figured they had traveled many miles over the last hour or so. They landed in a clearing, the dark grass waving to them like it wanted them to.
Epsilon yawned. He lowered himself and she tumbled off, landing on her bottom.
He stretched his wings, beating them once or twice, before laying down and creating a horse sized bed in the soft grass. Lystra settled in an old fir tree, tucking her head into the feathers on her chest.
Finally, Valora yawned herself before lying down under the tree to sleep.
Again a dream that could have been nothing but magic found her.
A bird of many colors, shades of watery blue, cheerful green, yellow, brown of all kinds, and fiery red on its chest like a blaze. The curling plume on its head was the color of a bubbling brook, its tail looked like a rainbow. There were feathers under its broad beak, much like a beard.
Her voice was old, and yet soothing, like a mother assuring her grown child.
"I am the simorg, sister of the phoenix. I have come to help your friend." she said.
"Will you help us find her egg?" Valora asked, "Will you show us the way?"
The simorg shook her head, "Lystra will find the path, for she is the mother in search of her child, as I was long ago."
"I don't understand," she said, "Will you help us or not?"
The simorg offered her a feather. It was one of the most beautiful things Valora had ever seen. It's colors were indefinite, shifting and adding to each other, making it's own hues to suit Valora's thoughts. It was sky blue, that starry, then gray, then fiery.
"Take it," the bird said, "You shall not see it in the morning, nor will you for many days and many nights. It will appear when you need my help. Use it to summon me, and I will come to your aid."
She took it. Valora had a million questions, but the simorg cut her off.
"Our time grows short. Again we shall meet in much time."
Valora awoke. The sun was peaking out from the hills. Her fist was clenched tightly as if she were holding something, but the simorg's feather was no where to be found.

Lystra seemed worried that a day had passed. She looked nervously at the sun, which was climbing higher, as if it might fall to the earth and explode.
Epsilon yawned, he spread his wings, almost knocking down Valora. She rose to her feet, "Could you not do that?"
"What?" he asked. His eyes were still half asleep.
"Never mind, should we be going now?" Lystra said.
"No!" Epsilon shouted, "Eat first, go later." He immediately lowered his head to graze. Valora decided to look for something to eat. It was odd, but for some reason she did not crave fresh meat. Lystra came down from the tree and pecked a few berries off a bush to eat. They didn't look too bad, so Valora tried some.
"The longer you are a person, the more you'll feel like one," her friend said. Valora believed her, the berries actually tasted okay. A bit bitter, but better than a rabbit seemed to her at the moment.
"Now," Epsilon said, nibbling a bit more, "Fueled up and ready!" They all agreed with him. "Now," he said, "Let's be off before you weigh to much."
"Hey!" Valora climbed onto his back, it was easier now that she could see. As he gained altitude the wind blew harder and faster, whipping her hair across her face, she could feel Epsilon's sides heaving as he beat his wings to a rhythm lost in the short gusts.
They flew until a black shape came into view. She squinted, "What's that?"
Lystra flew up to them, her eyes narrowed as well, "I-I don't know."
It was a huge bird, with its wings spread it was even larger than Epsilon. Its feathers looked like a storm cloud, black, gray, and purplish shades of both. Its claws looked like they could pulverize a hunk of cement as large as a horse. That didn't make her ride any more comfortable with the situation.
Valora swore she could see little bolts of lightning in the creatures plumage. Flickering like candles among the stormy colors. It was like looking into a cumulonimbus cloud. A cloud with terrible glowing eyes of electric golden yellow.
His voice was like thunder, deep, loud and warning of a second strike.
"Who dares to try and pass my mountain?" he growled. His tone was even deadlier than the worse typhoon to ever strike the earth, "I am the Kamak! None shall pass me alive. I have blocked the very rains from falling to the earth! I have swooped upon the very earth, I am devourer of every victim to my drought!"
He looked at Valora, his eyes glistened with hatred, "You, Kitsune, have spoken with my enemy. And you did not leave her empty-handed. Unfortunately, you will not live long enough to see what power she thinks is in that puny feather."
"Valora," Epsilon whispered, "Who did you talk to."
Lystra hissed, "You're descendants were slayed once, you will never compare to their legends! You have not once brought drought, have you? The entire world would have felt it!"
The Kamak snarled, it sounded like thunder rolling over the mountains, "You dare compare me to the first Kamak? I am more powerful than any other mortal bird or Simorg in earth or its skies!"
"Whoa," Epsilon said, "All we want to do is pass!"
The Kamak smiled, his eyes cold and cruel as sleet, "Unfortunately, pegasus, that won't be possible."

Back
Top Bottom