fox attack-almost!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by dracutgirl, Nov 5, 2011.

1. dracutgirl

dracutgirl New Egg

Nov 4, 2010
    my girls were in there coop when all craziness was heard,we rushed to the slider and there was a small fox in top of the coop! the girls were sreammmming! we ran out and the fox jumped off and slowly walked in the woods,of course staring at the chickens the whole way! betty my baby of the two got a little bloody on her crown! i think she got it while franticly running around inside the fenced coop! They are both very quiet now! I will be on guard tomorrow in the am to see if MR. FOX comes back!

2. goldies99

goldies99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    better think of a way to trap and remove mr. fox!!...he will be back!!!!

3. gpwelding1

gpwelding1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2011
    upstate south carolina
    Quote:x2!!!!you need to set some traps as soon as possible!the old saying "sly as a fox"came about for a reason.now that he knows hes been seen,he'll wait a day or two.then when he does come back it will be at a diffrent time than before.
    good luck!

4. mrsp523

mrsp523 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Western Mass
    Yes please come up with a plan now. Try to "outfox" him.
    I lost my roo and one of his ladies yesterday to a fox. If I had come home any later he would
    Have gotten a lot more. I though he got a third, but she showed up this morning a little tattered and stressed, but okay.
    And I know he will be back- but hopefully we will be waiting for him this time.
    Good luck, glad yours are okay!

5. mrpekinduck

mrpekinduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Ducky Land!
    Oh glad he didnt get any of your birds! You should set the LARGEST havahart trap you can find and bait it with chicken, he won't come back for a few days but be really careful in like 2days!

6. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Quote:google "drift fencing red fox cage trap" if you are using cage traps foot trap are so much quicker good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by