FOX ATTACK HELP!

Not that I have noticed, this is definitely the most shedding she has done and is the first time she hasn’t laid any eggs since August. I was initially worried about her possibly not laying after the attack but she laid 2 days in a row and now we’re on 2 days that she hasn’t laid and since she is shedding I’m hoping it’s that she’s molting and that there isn’t anything wrong internally.
Even though you are gentle with her handling, new digs (inside) and injury are stressful so that may be why she is losing feathers and not laying. I would think soon about getting her back outside into her regular environment making sure that da** fox doesn't get her again.

She's one lucky Duck to know you. Good luck with her she looks very good.

Even though you are gentle with her handling, new digs (inside) and injury are stressful so that may be why she is losing feathers and not laying. I would think soon about getting her back outside into her regular environment making sure that da** fox doesn't get her again.

She's one lucky Duck to know you. Good luck with her she looks very good.
We have set a few traps for the fox and are hoping to trap it before placing her back outside along with making some upgrades to her pen area. I worry if I put her out too soon that her wounds will get infected so I was hoping to keep her inside for at least 2 weeks is that too long? We’re currently on day 5 of cleaning her wounds with baxxin and 3 days of added neosporin and saline washes.

We have set a few traps for the fox and are hoping to trap it before placing her back outside along with making some upgrades to her pen area. I worry if I put her out too soon that her wounds will get infected so I was hoping to keep her inside for at least 2 weeks is that too long? We’re currently on day 5 of cleaning her wounds with baxxin and 3 days of added neosporin and saline washes.
I think 2 weeks is a great idea. Keep her in until she is fully healed. Then you can easily treat her wounds, keep them clean, and make sure she is doing good. Being in isn't hurting her. Good job with her care so far!

Back
Top Bottom