FOX: Is there ANY way to get EVICT them from the premises?

I would trap them. I have eliminated a couple of fox that killed some of my birds. After awhile another one started showing up. If you don't want to eliminate then if you do trap one there may be a wildlife rescue around and they may take it. I had an owl plaguing me. It had killed some birds. I accidentally caught it and got it into a cage and a wildlife rescue came and got it. They said they had a release area and that it shouldn't be back. I have since heard other owls so I know more are around.
DSCF0010 01.jpg DSCF0012 22.jpg IMG_20200229_133056.jpg .

Do not trap and then relocate and give someone else an issue. We are rural on a dead end road and have been the recipients of relocations.
Exactly! Relocation is usually illegal and why would anyone want to pawn their problem off on someone else? Take care of it yourself or call animal control if you can't.

This was left at the end of my driveway several years ago. Apparently someone didn't want it and knew I had chickens so they dropped it off.
Gosling.JPG

they return year after year and dig through/under/around any barrier we put in place. I don't feed the birds, and my coop has been empty for two years. Our yard is fenced, and our large dogs are only out when we are out with them. It's a busy neighborhood, across from a school, and with neighbors behind.
Maybe you could wait until this year's fox pups are grown up, then put electric fence wire all around the barn and bait it with something to make sure they lick it and notice it. You might be able to convince them it is not a good place to live in the future.

If they have pups in a den under your barn, I think the parents will come through anything to get to their babies. That's why I suggest waiting until after the pups are grown, so the foxes are not motivated enough to learn about getting past electric wires.

I think this might keep a bear away. My electric wires are three high but you can put more up. Anything that touches my wires will know it. It will hurt. A couple of nights ago I think a cat, maybe a bobcat I have seen came in contact with the wires because I heard a loud scream around midnight.
20210115_095548.jpg

Attachments

• 20201129_133324.jpg
    20201129_133324.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 6
Also most predators explore with their noses and if you bait the wires and can get the predator to touch the hot wires with their nose or tongue, I'm sure they won't touch them again.

This is the bobcat I have been seeing recently. Here it is outside my chick/grow-out coop. I have electric wires around it too.
DSCF0002112 09Rev.jpg

I was using a have heart live trap once and accidently trapped a skunk. Went outside and my dog flew to the trap so I thought I had caught the squirrel I was after. It was dark so as I approached the trap I felt something hit my chest like water. Immediately realized it wasn't a squirrel. Spent the rest of the night looking up skunk smell removal remedies and stunk for 3 days. Called all over the next day trying to find someone that would come remove it for me. Everyone one I called said just let it out, they can't spray you in a trap. I found out that was wrong the hard way. Finally found a guy on Craig's list that would do it for $75. after going back and forth in my mind I decided I'd get sprayed again rather than pay $75 to get it out. Came up with the idea of using a tarp as protection. Carried it over my head like a ghost to the trap and then laid it over the trap. Looked like a moron using 2 6 foot 2x4's like chopsticks trying to open the trap. When I finally got it open I expected it to come out like a bottle rocket. He finally strolled out after an hour or so.

Back
Top Bottom