Fox number 2 is smarter than fox number 1

mowin

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 17, 2018
Upstate NY
So couple weeks ago I posted about a fox scaling my fence trying for a chicken dinner. Thankfully, my dogs foiled that attempt. I ended up eliminating red shortly after.

Fast forward a couple days. I was walking around the coop and startled a fox laying next to the fence that's only 1' from one of the coops.
It's been a few days, and red has out smarted me twice. Gals are pissed because I won't let them free range until fox #2 is eliminated.

So couple weeks ago I posted about a fox scaling my fence trying for a chicken dinner. Thankfully, my dogs foiled that attempt. I ended up eliminating red shortly after.

Fast forward a couple days. I was walking around the coop and startled a fox laying next to the fence that's only 1' from one of the coops.
It's been a few days, and red has out smarted me twice. Gals are pissed because I won't let them free range until fox #2 is eliminated.
Good luck!! Kill 'em all.
We have five families of them.

My dad free ranged chickens over 30 years and was used to running off predators .Every now and then a predator would attack or kill a few but after a hawk killed his favorite hen he quit keeping chickens .You can't free range chickens unless you're willing to accept the reality that some of them will die.It comes at a price sorry.
Fully aware of the consequences.

If you have a live trap, do what I do. Bait it for a few days then set the trap. It has worked for me. The fox got used to going in and getting the bait. Every time I have eliminated a fox it isn't long before another shows up. I only eliminate if they are messing with my birds. If it's out during the day it probably has kits somewhere. Here they mostly roam at night when they have kits they are more apt to hunt during the day. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom