Fox question

pinkfeather

Songster
12 Years
Dec 3, 2007
CT
Hey Everyone!

We've had a fox around here lately. A fox got a couple chickens a couple years a ago, but they were freeranging. I was wondering if a fox could get in a fenced in area. We have 4 foot 2 by 3 inch 12 (or 14) gauge fencing around our area but no top. My dad thinks the fox could never get in their area, but I think a fox could get in the fence (like dig under or climb over). Who's right??

I fox if hungry enough will climb over or dig under to get its paws on some juicy chicken!
smile.png

Looks like your the right one here.

Best of Luck
smile.png

-Lowcountrypoultry

Put some mouth balls out and around from time to time,,may help deter the critters..keep the balls far enough away from your birds..

the gray fox are known to climb tree's not so much on the reds, but they can climb to.. coons are the worst of them all around our area, hear many stories about them locally here..

charlie

we have a red fox that comes by every day. He jumps over a 5' wood fence he hits the middle rail with his hind feet & springs over like it is not even there. We leave him alone because he does not seem to bother any thing & we hope he will be territorial & run othe varmints off.

Back
Top Bottom