Fox sighting

Bejep714

Songster
Feb 2, 2021
South East PA
We live pretty close to some woods. They're still pretty far away, but today someone at my house saw a fox out in the field. Apparently it was so far away she couldn't see it to well and our neighbors have dogs so maybe it was a dog, but she said it was a fox and it got me worried. We haven't seen a fox by our house in 10 years, and this one was around 1 in the afternoon. Our chickens are in an exposed run, but the run is inside our yard, and we have dogs so I dont know if this is an issue. What should o do if it is

Not very much,,, except make sure your yard is secure. Having dogs is a benefit. :thumbsup
Fox are the type of predator to dig. I'm not very sure,,, but don't know if they jump over significant height fences. They will dig under the fence.
If fox does strike,,, it will return for consecutive meals. I know it does sound bad,,,, but the animal needs to eat. Will seek the easiest source of food it can find.
Our best option,,, is to predator proof our grounds.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

I have seen fox during the day here and one did take my favorite hen when I was distracted. I did catch and eliminate the fox because once they kill they will lurk looking for another opportunity. You dogs probably help. Here the fox and other predators mostly hunt at night. I have several game cameras up on my property and that is when I see them the most. Good luck...

Just spotted this post I was sitting in my yard with my chickens cats and dog a couple of days ago and the chicken were cluck clucking and my cats were standing up and hissing I turned around and there was a fox just standing there no more than 15 feet away just looking at the chickens I got up and yelled and it dashed away but wowza that surprised me no more unsupervised free range for the girls! no signs of any predators for 7 years and then I was staring at one right in my face!

Just spotted this post I was sitting in my yard with my chickens cats and dog a couple of days ago and the chicken were cluck clucking and my cats were standing up and hissing I turned around and there was a fox just standing there no more than 15 feet away just looking at the chickens I got up and yelled and it dashed away but wowza that surprised me no more unsupervised free range for the girls! no signs of any predators for 7 years and then I was staring at one right in my face!
We've got a couple cats that like to hang out at the chicken coop at night just to see what else shows up. They guard it with everything they've got!

Your cat earned a special treat & a kiss on the head!

Back
Top Bottom