Foxes

P-Funk

Songster
9 Years
Feb 20, 2011
Franktown
The *&^%$#@! foxes got Curly this morning. She was only out for an hour and I was in the yard the entire time.
80433_6-2-11.jpg

All the girls are locked in the barn until I can find this little jerk. It's getting brave. This is my third girl now, and I find feathers closer to the barn every time. I'm pretty sure where its hole is, which is in the neighbors yard. We don't get along. The girls all love to free range during the day but the poor things will be on lockdown for a while. Against my best judgement, I actually hopped his fence with a gun this morning but said fox was nowhere to be found. I was hoping she might still be alive. What can I do?

So sorry to hear the fox got Curly. They are a tough predator, very hard to trap. If you have an idea where the fox crosses over to your property you can hide out and wait with the gun.

Thanks, Bryan and Scratch, but an electric fence around a yard this size is out of the question. It's very hilly and heavily wooded. I did put 2x4 wire around the sides facing the road last weekend to prevent this very problem from happening again. There's a split rail fence around the entire property to keep the horses in. The attacks come @ 2 week intervals, so it's probably OK to let the girls out today. It appears I may need a dog.

Back
Top Bottom