FPC Fall Poultry Show - Morganton, NC - Oct 30 - results(page 4)

The show is 9 days away. Call-in Exhibitor Registration closes Sunday evening at 9pm. If you are mailing in your registration, I would get it the mail tomorrow at the latest.

For those in the area that want to lend a hand we will be setting up for the show Sunday(Oct 24) starting at 2pm. The more help we have the faster it goes. With a good amount of folks it shouldn't take more then 3 hours. Most of the work is easy. The saw-horses are light and the cages are fairly light. The plywood is the only real heavy lifting. You can do as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.

Matt

Hi all!
frow.gif
This will be my first poultry show ever
hide.gif
I am excited and nervous at the same time as I hear it looks to be a good turnout. We will be bringing Serama's and Orpingtons. I am looking forward to meeting fellow poultry peeps!
big_smile.png

I do not know if there are going to be any polish there but I did speak to Brian this morning and he did say that it looks like the show will have at least 800 birds in it. Hope this helps?
smile.png

There should be well over 800 birds in this show. I don't think there were any polish registered, at least not bantams. Not sure about standard Polish.

For the Silkie folks there will be a great showing. There were 37 silkies registered by the middle of today.

When we hang the coop tags on Wednesday I will post final numbers that are registered. A few more were expected to call in this evening and even some tomorrow that know they can wait the extra day. Then the last of the mail-ins should filter in Monday and Tuesday. Since coop tags aren't done till Wednesday this show is fairly open to late entries.

Matt

Hey any of you have any frizzle bantams roos or young cockerels? Must be pretty in color and FRIZZLED! LOL.. let me know if do and how much. I will be at the show in Morganton and can pick it up there.

Cant wait for the show!!!! I dont know if my pretties are going to be in their best feather as some of them decided it was time to MOLT!

I will be bringing a cochin bantam cockerel.. little baby, a couple of "pet quality" silkie babies. Looking for a couple of Welsummer pullets and a couple of french copper maran pullets and a frizzle bantam rooster.

Total Birds registered: 935 - Largest Morganton show in many years.
Of that there are 45 Silkies. These numbers include both the Open and Junior shows.

75 exhibitors in the Open Show and 15 Junior Exhibitors.

This is going to be a fantastic show. As far as the weather goes it should be a great day. May start a bit cool(39) for some folks, but should warm to the mid 60s fairly quickly.

If anyone coming wants to donate any items to the Raffle or any birds to the Silent Auction feel free to bring them. Robbie Toney is handling those, so you can either bring stuff to him or me and I will get it to him and set-up

If donating birds; please only Females, Pairs, or Trios unless you will be there at 1pm to take home a Rooster/Cockerel that was not bid on. Others not bid on will become property of the club and most likely donated to one of the other NC shows that is coming up.

Matt

Wow!! what a good turn out.... Sounds like it's going to be a great show...

Now, if it will just stop raining long enough for me to get everyone bathed properly, and all the crates dried out
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom