Freak Out!!

mamdoe

Songster
9 Years
Apr 14, 2010
My girls are spending their 3rd night in the big girl coop tonight.......and I can't relax!
We (hastily) cut in the pop door tonight. My husband kept insisting that barrel locks were fine for all of the doors. But after looking around on here I just ran outside and added some reinforcements....in the dark with a flashlight in my mouth. My neighbors have chickens and have never had problems with coons. But all I can think about is all of the critters outside that want to eat a chicken.
Does everyone feel so nervous when their chicks move outside??

Yes!

I've even gone out in the middle of the night because I thought I heard a suspicious noise out there. And I've been bringing two of our hens with their chicks indoors to sleep in dog crates for the last month because I'm separating hens until their chicks get older.

Thanks for the reassurance. I think I just needed to get that out last night. My husband is starting to think I have lost my mind!
Its just that I have spent a lot of time and effort (building the coop, caring for the chicks,ect) and I would hate to see it all wiped out in one swoop by a greedy coon.

Back
Top Bottom