Freaking out in Idaho

halfgut

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 28, 2010
Hello. I, like many others have lurked around this forum for many weeks looking for answers but now that my chicks arrive early next week I figured it was time to sign up to absorb some confidence before they get here. I am completely new to chickens, though I feel like I've got a good head knowledge of what's to be expected since I've read all I can about them. I am keenly aware though that a little knowledge can be dangerous. So, I'll be posting "stupid" questions over the next few weeks. I've hung out here long enough to know that you will all be gentle with me.

So, now I'm off to the forum to post.

Halfgut.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined. It is a great place to learn. There are a lot of great folks here to help.
wee.gif

Hi welcome to BYC - I am a newbie too and did just like you. Even with all the reading before hand once you get them there will be plenty you didn't exactly prepare for. So BYC is an excellent place for daily questions and to just compare notes.

I bought nine day old Wyandotte's , because I read they are quiet. ha ha ha - I have one loud chirper that drives me crazy up after 3am (ok I'm bad I have them in the living room for these first days - to keep an eye on them).

Good Luck!!

Thanks for the note. We bought Buff Orpingtons (because I love the sound of the name) Light Brahmas, Silver Laced Wyandottes and Black Astraulorps. My girls are excited (one even started a blog) though I'm really kind of nervous.

welcome-byc.gif
from Indiana!
frow.gif
You'll love it here, and there is no such thing as a stupid question around here. We all had to start somewhere, and everyone here is very nice and helpful, so ask away! Good Luck!

Welcome aboard, halfgut. Looks like you have some good breeds in your mix...kinda laid back bunch.

One thing that you might want to do is add your location in your user information. It is really helpful when asking questions for folks to know your climate/environment. Mine is "South Alabama"...general, but it gets the job done I think.

Best wishes with your new ladies.
smile.png

Ed

(and yelp, I see the location in the title but are you going to have it in every title?)
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom