Free 2013 Bird Calendar from USDA

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by BetterHensandGardens, Jan 8, 2013.

1. BetterHensandGardens

BetterHensandGardens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    Clinton, OH
    The USDA is again offering it's free bird calendar called Backyard Biosecurity: Keeping Your Birds Healthy and it's filled with beautiful color photographs of birds. I found it somewhat difficult to get it ordered though, so I've posted instructions here: http://www.betterhensandgardens.com/2013/01/06/free-2013-bird-calendar/

Even with the instructions, the site seems incredibly slow, so best of luck in getting those 2013 calendars ordered! I think I've got two on the way [​IMG]

2. americana-lover

americana-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Michigan
    I couldnt get one. I dont know why.

3. BetterHensandGardens

Feb 28, 2010
    Clinton, OH
    You have to be very patient and wait for the screens, it's very slow but I eventually got two.

4. Delilah1337

Delilah1337 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I just placed my order. I think it works but only time will tell

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I remember the same thing from ordering my 2011 calendar.... Missed the 2012 one. Hope my order just went through! Thanks for posting this!

6. chezpoulet

chezpoulet Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2010
    Redmond WA
    I tried with no success last week- and ended up paying $10 for a chicken coop calendar on Amazon. Just tried again and the site just hung ...not sure if my order went through. Sigh.

7. BetterHensandGardens

Feb 28, 2010
    Clinton, OH
    You should get a confirmation message if it went through. I had to try several times before I finally got the confirmation message and felt comfortable that I had calendars on the way. Glad others are also getting them ordered!

8. BetterHensandGardens

Feb 28, 2010
    Clinton, OH
    I'm not sure why the USDA got these calendars out so late, or why they've made it so difficult to order, but they are very nice calendars with good information on Biosecurity if you still need calendars for 2013.

9. BetterHensandGardens

Feb 28, 2010
    Clinton, OH
    I can't believe it - I ordered these calendars last Sunday, and they showed up today! Also, I didn't think I was successful the first time I tried ordering because I didn't get a confirmation notification, so I tried again and got the confirmation notification (used a different name but the same address). But both sets of calendars came today, so the system took it the first time too even though I didn't get a confirmation.

10. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    It took A LONG time but I finally got it. Thanks for posting. They usually issue them out last quarter of the year. They are late this year but that's still ok. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by