Free Chickens & Ducks

All your chickens are beautiful breeds. I was thinking of getting some silkies. I wanted some English Orpintons but they are expensive. There are so many beautiful breed. I would like to try a different breed but I really just don’t have the time or energy for them right now since I went back to work.

All your chickens are beautiful breeds. I was thinking of getting some silkies. I wanted some English Orpintons but they are expensive. There are so many beautiful breed. I would like to try a different breed but I really just don’t have the time or energy for them right now since I went back to work.
I understand! We are in the process of building and my honey doesn’t want to add the work of chicks right now, because we aren’t set up for it.

How long have you kept chickens?
What other animals do you have?
We have 3 horses, 2 dogs, 1 snake, 21 ducks, 5 chickens and 13 Rabbits.
We started keeping chickens last year. We also got a golden retriever last year. Those are our only animals. Wow! You have a nice bunch of animals!

Yes, a bunch is right... tee hee. Going back to work has kicked my butt and still having to take care of all my animals... hauling feed and cleaning is really tough on me. on my day off all I want to do is rest. boo hoo, poor me... tee hee. As long as I get plenty of sleep I can accomplish all my chores with pleasure. I love being around my animals and I can hardly wait to ride my horse.

Have you ever owned a horse? They are good for the soul.

Hi Lisa, I have been working alot the past 2 weeks. I am exhausted. I work tomorrow, Monday and then I am not on the schedule until Sat. BUT, I am required to be on-call, so I could be called to work any day.

I keep meaning to tell you that I love your Avatar picture. Is that an EE on your shoulder? very pretty bird.

Do you work? I am a rural mail carrier. It is a very physical and stressful, because we can be very busy and we need to get done delivering our mail and packages before 5:30pm or else we miss thr outgoing mail truck. It's a hard job but the pay is good. I actually think the pay should be higher.

I wish I would of kept a couple of my Buff Orpingtons.. I can buy more but I should of kept the one hen that was about 6 yrs old that I brought with me when I moved to this house we are in now. I really dislike when I do something that I regret. Oh, well. it is the past now.

How are you and your family? I pray all is well and you have not gotten the flu. We (my husband Mark) had the flu last week.

Take care, talk soon

Back
Top Bottom