Free coop renovation

Nice!
I'd lower roost tho, less chance of 'overshoots'.
Where will nests go?
I was trying to work with the supports on the wall, but I didn’t think of that . It’s at 24”...what do you recommend?
I haven’t built the nesting boxes yet. I was debating between putting them in a row under the poop deck or stacked on the right side

Linoleum works pretty well. Run it up the walls about a foot because chickens scratch stuff up. You will want to seal up drafts that would blow directly on them. Windows will want to be closed in winter and they need to be covered with 1/2 inch hardware cloth to keep out predators. You will need to cut some ventilation holes well above their roosting heads, like just under the roof line or in the triangles or both. These need to be covered with hardware cloth also. As for me I'd paint inside white. It will make for more light reflection and help seal some gaps against insects. Good luck! Can't wait to see how it progresses.
I had vinyl flooring in mine and my birds started eating any exposed edge they could find. I’d recommend putting wood strapping along the edge on the walls to keep those edges of the flooring hidden.

I was trying to work with the supports on the wall, but I didn’t think of that . It’s at 24”...what do you recommend?
I haven’t built the nesting boxes yet. I was debating between putting them in a row under the poop deck or stacked on the right side
Mines at like 8" above board.
Just add some cleats to the wall, might be good the screw them in from the outside, depending on how thick the plywood siding is.
How far out does poop board come out from wall?
Keep nests lower than roosts.
Height tips.

I'd put the nests under the poop deck so they can't be pooped on which is what's happening with mine! I'd also paint it white for two reasons: 1. More light 2. To show up mites more easily so not wasting product if no mites. Great shed - well done!

Mines at like 8" above board.
Just add some cleats to the wall, might be good the screw them in from the outside, depending on how thick the plywood siding is.
How far out does poop board come out from wall?
Keep nests lower than roosts.
Height tips.
It’s 2’ deep, 8’ wide. I think the walls are thick enough for cleats, esp with the support in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom