Free ranging advise.

usedhobarts

Songster
10 Years
Apr 18, 2014
Hello all, I recently started free ranging my chickens now that they are used to their new coop and location. I live in NW MN. We have had an unusually wet spring/ early summer. Do to the vast standing water in the farmstead we have not been able to do much in controlling burn weed and cockleburs. In order to get them in check along with a thistle outbreak we sprayed today with ag grade round up. My question is how long should I keep my girls cooped up so that don't range into the areas sprayed? Is there guidelines to keep chickens away from herbicide or insecticide sprayed plants? The instructions say to keep animals away for 24-48 hours from sprayed areas however I presume they are talking about animals who don't nessecarily feed on those plants. I noticed the chickens like to munch on some of the type stuff we sprayed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Round up kills everything, and then breaks down. There should a phone number that one can call for further information on the label. I would keep the birds locked in for 4-5 days, and that should be more than safe.

Mrs K

Back
Top Bottom