Free ranging excursion

mossyoakpro

Songster
Jun 9, 2022
South Georgia
Took the fluffers out on their first supervised free range trip...that was a hoot to watch!! And apparently quite tiring (see pic) I was expecting it to be a rodeo trying to get them back in but the power of the crickets is too great!! My wife got to witness the devastation that those claws can do to the ground so she is really NOT looking forward to them being out full time as she is has a very large flower garden. Are there any tricks other than fencing to keep them out of her garden? I read somewhere about plastic poultry fencing on the ground??

Attachments

• Free range sleep.jpg
    Free range sleep.jpg
    718.1 KB · Views: 12
When I let mine out they were always corralled in a pen. I thought it would be too hard to get them back in. Yes, they will decimate any growing things. LOL
Fencing might be your best bet but realize they can fly over (and on top of) low fence.
The bride was cringing as they were excavating the area around their run!! LOL I have a large enough area and lots of trees and leaves to scratch in to hopefully keep them occupied but somehow I doubt it :) I'll come up with something in the next few weeks before they start going out daily....

The bride was cringing as they were excavating the area around their run!! LOL I have a large enough area and lots of trees and leaves to scratch in to hopefully keep them occupied but somehow I doubt it :) I'll come up with something in the next few weeks before they start going out daily....
Don't blame her there. :)

Back
Top Bottom