Free ranging problem with neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Ok so let me start by stating - I absolutely do not regret free ranging my chickens. They are healthy, happy, produce good eggs and it’s less work.

But now my neighbor has suddenly decided they are a problem after MONTHS. I can’t suddenly make them not free range. I have been making them stay in the run more because of a fox that ran into my yard (attempt was not successful) but still- after like 10 am my chickens go out in the world and find their food. And I would just like to state- I only have 5 birds left. We got 8 originally and it’s my first flock so I wanted to start small and learn. We are surrounded by woods and fields but sometimes they go in her yard. It feels more frustrating than anything else because they don’t actually do anything over there except eat bugs. She doesn’t have a garden in any form- it’s just a lawn.Maybe I am just looking to vent...
My peeps can scratch an ankle breaking wallow in a grassy yard in the blink of an eye. You should really keep them on your property.

Well...As much as I like chickens and their bug eating abilities while free ranging; it is your responsibility to contain your animals on your property.
Still so, what do the neighbors do when ALL other critters and wild life pass through their yard? Probably NOTHING.
So it sounds like the neighbor just has a personal problem.

Still so, what do the neighbors do when ALL other critters and wild life pass through their yard? Probably NOTHING.
So it sounds like the neighbor just has a personal problem.
It obviously is the chicken owners problem. It's not a personal problem, it's a preference that they don't want chickens trespassing on their property and it's the chicken's owners problem to contain them. I don't let my livestock run a muck on anyone else's property and I don't want anyone else's running a muck on mine. It's called being a responsible animal owner not a personal problem. If more people would be respectful of their neighbors boundaries and be responsible caring animal owners they would not have to be posting and venting about being chastised for letting their animals run a muck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom