"Free ranging"

We locked ours in the coop for about a week before we let them out to free range. We let them out early in the mornings and they come back every evening right around sundown. I would say to try that and then after about a week let them out and see if they come back at night on their own. We also heard that putting a little nightlight or some sort of light in the coop may help them to come back at night as well, might be worth a try if the locking them in the coop for a week doesn't help. I've read that sometimes you have to lock them in the coop a couple of times for them to get the hint or you just go and pick them up each and every evening and put them in the coop. I know some people have said that they've tried everything and they still can't get their chickens to go in by themselves at night.

We locked ours in the coop for about a week before we let them out to free range. We let them out early in the mornings and they come back every evening right around sundown. I would say to try that and then after about a week let them out and see if they come back at night on their own. We also heard that putting a little nightlight or some sort of light in the coop may help them to come back at night as well, might be worth a try if the locking them in the coop for a week doesn't help. I've read that sometimes you have to lock them in the coop a couple of times for them to get the hint or you just go and pick them up each and every evening and put them in the coop. I know some people have said that they've tried everything and they still can't get their chickens to go in by themselves at night.
Ok I'll try to do that thank you!

Back
Top Bottom