Free Roam Training

Annika514

Chirping
Aug 10, 2020
Me again- the new girl! We have 2 free roaming peacocks we inherited and just brought home a peahen and her chick 3 weeks ago and have been keeping them penned. I have read all kinds of different advice and timing on letting these out to free roam (they were free roamers where we got them from) how long is the “standard” before we let them out? Should we do it for just a little at a time at first and try to herd them back in the pen? I have also read that if you get them used to a regular feeding schedule that helps, and we do tend to go out and fill up food and water in the evening. They still aren’t nearly as friendly with us as our peacocks are. Any advice is appreciated!

they like feeding early morning and late afternoon find the treats they like mealworms ect and they will stay near you my peacocks love !! scrambled eggs and the protein makes their feathers richer in color

they like feeding early morning and late afternoon find the treats they like mealworms ect and they will stay near you my peacocks love !! scrambled eggs and the protein makes their feathers richer in color
Oh thank you for the tips! I just recently started giving them mealworms and they do love them!! I didn’t know you could also give them scrambled eggs- that is great to know!!

A good way of worming free range peas is to mix the meds in a favorite food like eggs or pieces of bread.
Oh thank you! We have been wondering how to worm them as we were putting it in a water dish but it is too hard to monitor and measure and know if that is their only water source, etc. this is helpful and my husband will be so glad to know. He has been worried about it!!

Back
Top Bottom