Free young hen - Palo Alto, CA

Hedger

Hatching
6 Years
May 11, 2013
Last edited:
Can you please tell me a bit about her? How old is she? Was she realized on organic feed? How is she with others? I have 3, eleven month girls (non standard color Ameracaunas and an Ancona) who are shockingly quiet and fabulously social. They love to watch and see what my little kids are up to in the yard.

I'm in Gilroy.

Hi.

First I'd like to share some photos of our chickens with you
https://plus.google.com/photos/1008...ms/5876790472834385025?authkey=CJHCyfD3qZjCFQ

Our chicken is about 3 yrs old since when we got her we were told that she was only few
weeks old in three years ago.

We've been doing our best to feed our chicken with healthy and organic food.
Also, we do like to provide diversified sources of food for her.

Normally, we don't buy food only just for our chicken, instead, we share a lot of
our (uncooked) food with our chicken because my wife is vegetarian and she also likes to
prepare food for her.

Typically, her food includes:

• Vegetables
  • Salad without the dressing or anything greasy
  • Chopped vegetarian kitchen scrap such as celery and carrots.
  • Fruits, like blueberry, water melon, grape
  • Nuts and grains. She likes (uncooked) brown rices
  • Cheese

Our chicken also eats the regular chicken feed. She likes to eat the one made of multi grains
and we will go to portola valley to buy organic chicken feed.

We live in a very small cottage with small yards so we don't have a lot of space to raise chicken.
However, our neighbors are kindly enough to allow us to let our chicken be out for most of the
time so she was basically raised without being caged except staying in her coop during night
time.

She like to walk around our neighbors through driveways and play around.

She is very social and not afraid of people. She will come to our door and see if
you can feed her some treats, usually some brown rice or berries will make her really happy.

Because we don't cage our chicken, so unfortunately we've lost two chickens already.
One was caught by neighbor's cat and another one was killed by raccoon so she is the last
chicken that we've got and she is the strongest and the smartest.

Occasionally, if we have to leave the town, we'd ask people who also have chickens in their
backyard to sit our chickens for few weeks and that have been working well.

If we do have our own place with yard, we'd definitely like to keep our chicken with us until her last
day come. But ever since our first baby is born 6 months ago, we realized that we need do more
space for our young family but we can't find more space and time for our chicken if we have to move
out.

So we really hope that we can find her a new home with people who also loves chickens as pets
and treat them well.

So if you can help out, we'd be much appreciated.

Best.

Hedger & Lulu

Oh my goodness the last photo with her "mouth" wide open is hysterical!

She will make someone so very happy. I received a call from my mom last night that she purchased two half bantam Ameracauna/ Easter eggers for us, so sadly taking in another will put me over our city limit of critters under 24" tall.

Best wishes! There are amazing folks here who will love her!!! Thank you.

Hi

Thanks for being interested but Pasadena seems to far from where we live.
It'd be great if we can find her a new home in bay area, CA.

Thanks.

Not yet.

We do prefer posting here only since more people do raise chickens as pets
smile.png

Well I would take her but your saying you want her in the bay area? so Im no good. she looks like my pumpkin BO. Im in Lake ELsinore so I guess that wont do. Good luck though.

Back
Top Bottom