Freecycle: A good experience...so far!

Our local freecycle allows animals, but only as an "offer", never a "wanted" and they do warn about those with "less than loving" intentions. I found homes for a couple roos that were needed to protect a freerange flock after a coyote got the alpha roo. Its a risky life, but better than some of the alternatives.

I really like using our freecycle here in NEPA. I havent used it yet for chickens but I found it great to get rid of extra plants I have and find things I can't find at the local flea markets and yardsales. Like telephone poles for our sons tree house. It really is amazing how many replies you can get so very quickly.
smile.png

I used Freecycle to find a new home for my rooster. I got really nice replies in the first 48 hours from people with farms and chickens. I was very happy with the results, and I hope my rooster is enjoying his new ladies. I ended up just picking the first one to reply as the person who got the rooster- both seemed like great homes.

They actually came to my house and picked him up for me. I know that this might seem silly in a more urban setting, but two teenagers that belong to 4H, bearing a cat carrier for the roo, seemed like a safe bet to me.

-MTchick

Help, What does PPU mean? I think Pending Pick Up??? I emailed about some stuff and then that came through with no body in the message. What does that mean?

I had to go through Yahoo Groups in order to find my local freecycle. Yes, I think the PPU means planned pick up or pending pick up.

I have gotten fencing, a nice dog crate (for the chickens heehee), and a like new vacuum plus a few other things I can't remember...

Back
Top Bottom