Freedom Ranger Hatchery??

Well the coop is so big (8x8x8) that it's seperated in half, only problem is we havn't installed a second door on the run since we added on a second half of a run to compensate for splitting the coop in half.
Here's a photo of coop and run before modifications and before we completed the coop/run:

55886_coop.jpg

I raised 30 Colored Rangers from JM this spring (next time it will be in the fall - it's easier to warm them up than to cool them down!). We didn't use broiler feed at all, as per JM's advice. We did chick starter for the first few weeks, then went to a mix of starter/grower and grower/finisher, for a protein content of 17 percent. We processed at 12 weeks (we had a 3 week heat wave where they didn't eat much during the day), and our weights (dressed) were from 5 1/2 to 7 3/4 lbs. There were more on the large side than on the small side, and they have been excellent eating.

They grow fast, and drink a LOT and are extremely active - I'd worry more about them beating up your laying flock than the other way around! Well, in regard to size, anyway, my Rangers were pretty mellow birds. I really liked them, and was sorry to see them go. I'd like to have kept a few, just because they were such pretty birds and such nice personalities.

Anyway, good luck - you'll enjoy your birds!

Back
Top Bottom